Old February 16th 14, 09:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wymsey Wymsey is offline

Default RV/Mobilehome RF gnd systems.

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:46:31 -0500, Bill Ogden wrote:

Put the tripod on top of the RV and connect the "ground" to the RV top.
It may be not much of a ground on the lower bands, but it should get a
signal out on the higher bands.

For holiday operating I have a set of quarter wave conterpoises taped
together which I load a vertical against (fibre glass fishing pole with
wire attached). It would be trivial to layout the counterpoise under a
campervan.

Charlie.

--
M0WYM