Old February 18th 14, 01:12 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
I'm Old Gregg I'm Old Gregg is offline

Default The "Two Transistor challenge" - taking things a bit too far?

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

Did you also build the Sinclair Calculator that came along in about 1973?
Painfully slow to use, a quick slide rule user could probably beat it in a
calculation which had a few trig functions in it, but geek 'must have' ;-)

I built the 'Wireless World' calculator about 72/73, it's still around
somewhere. I thinkthe kit cost about £40, a lot of money then (for me at
least) which was less that half the price of ready made one.

Whoever started the thread is, I assume, an ardent and active constructor.
Perhaps he/she will share some of their designs to inspire others to
follow their example.

I don't think the above para was needed, but perhaps you don't read all of
the theads.