Old February 19th 14, 08:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Brian Reay[_5_] Brian Reay[_5_] is offline

Default Four Square at VHF and UHF?

I've configured a Four Square for 40m in the past but, while 'watching
the world go by' today from the porch (I'm currently laid up following a
knee op and I can't get out and about), the idea of a Four Square for 2m
came to mind, stimulated by the 4 antennas on the roof of my RV.

Currently they aren't all amateur antennas but there is space for some
more, isn't there always ;-)

Why do this? Firstly, I'm curious. Secondly, it occurred to me as a
useful idea for ARES / RAYNET *.

Has anyone tried to build a Four Square for 2m?

Anyone build one for 70cm?

How about a dual band one?

*Our RAYNET groups run repeaters to enhance local coverage. A simple way
to enhance radiation pattern without Yagis etc. is worth looking at.