Old February 21st 14, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
[email protected] nickbearden@gmail.com is offline

Default Kenwood TM-V7 mystery

Hello gang,

I have a Kenwood TM-V7 that is now doing something that I've never seen.

Typically, on the display, for let's day Ch 1. It shows in order:

PTT (on selected side of either VHF or UHF side)
What I have named the Channel / repeater call sign
Frequency / channel

Now it says;
PTT
What I have named the channel
V Ch 1

The V has now replaced what the frequency was and I can't seem to change that.

Additionally, i can not select VFO, no matter what buttons I press. Typically VFO puts it in VFO mode, MR puts it in memory mode. Right now it's stuck on frustrating mode!!!

Thanks for any and all help. I have photos available to email if necessary.

-Nick
KE6GUM