Old February 21st 14, 06:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
David Platt David Platt is offline

Default Kenwood TM-V7 mystery

That did the trick! Thanks for your assistance. I no longer have the
manual and am on an extended road trip, so figuring this stuff out on
the go is tricky.

Second order of business is that now it's showing VHF on both sides,
rather than VHF on left and UHF on the right like previous. A few
years ago I knew how to get this switched, but have since forgotten :/

That looks as if you've put it into "same-band dual-receive" mode.

Press [F] then [CONT SEL] (the little button midway between the two
band-select buttons) to toggle this function off. This should put you
back into the "split-band" mode.

FYI, the manual is available at

http://manual.kenwood.com/files/TM-V7-English.pdf