Old February 26th 14, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default The "Two Transistor challenge" - taking things a bit too far?

On 2/26/2014 12:32 PM, gareth wrote:
"Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message

I still like the simple electronics. However, simple receivers like that
just won't work for me now. Something about the 5KW AM transmitter in my
back yard...

The same for me 50 years ago. Home town was Portishead, and the TXs of
the international shipping Portiishead Radio were half a mile away across
the valley!

What 1/2 mile? I'm talking 50 yards (at the most) from my house to
their nearest tower.

My back yard (a pretty standard U.S. city lot from the 60's) directly
abuts their transmitter field. Their ground plane wires run right up to
the fence.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address