Old November 28th 04, 11:44 PM
Risto Tiilikainen

Can we consider a standard car ignition coil a Tesla coil ? A cheap,
reliable and simple one.
There is primary with capacitor in distributor and secondary with self
resonance of course.
Good high voltage insulation is achieved with coil in oil bath .

Can we consider TV line transformer a Tesla coil or purely a transformer ?
It is produced to resonate in selected line frequency

I wonder how is normal neon light high tension generated.
Do they use some kind simple tesla coil system to ionize the rare cas inside
the glastubing or are they using choke like normal fluorescent tubes.
In any case neon lights seem to be safe for public with very simple
construction.
Safety protection with fluorescent lights is much and more complicated and
failsafe.

New questions made Risto; OH2BT