Old March 21st 14, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jon Danniken Jon Danniken is offline

Default Discone and feedline grounding

On 03/20/2014 10:58 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 21:12:57 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/Discone/
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/biconical/
I did some more tinkering with these two. Looks like the biquad also
has holes in the gain plot, but shows more gain at more frequencies
than the discone. I changed the characteristic impedance of the
biquad to 150 ohms to get a better looking VSWR. Real ground and
animated GIF's of the biconical antenna when I have more time.

Diamond D-130 discone antenna model borrowed from:
http://www.qsl.net/kp4md/modeling.htm
I don't recall where I found the biconical.

Neat, thanks. I've read that the discone is really a ground hugger, and
your ground plots show that perfectly.

Jon