Old March 21st 14, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Discone and feedline grounding

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Thanks Ralph, I'll try that this weekend and see what the results are (I
have scads of RG6).

Speaking of cable impedance, will I see much of a difference using 70
ohm cable on an 50 ohm antenna? Assuming less than 50 feed of distance,
does it really matter that much?

YOu will not see any differance using either the 50 or 70 ohm cable due to
impedance. You may see some due to the actual loss of the cable. For
example rg-58 (50 ohm) will have more loss than rg-6, but if you go to a
lower loss 50 ohm cable such as rg-8 then the cable loss will be less. For
50 feet and receiving only, I would use the rg-6 as you said you have
plenty of it.

---