Old March 24th 14, 02:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] karabas2001@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sensitivity of shortwave dropped ...

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 9:39:00 PM UTC-4, Michael Black wrote:
On Sun, 23 Mar 2014, wrote:

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 5:28:50 PM UTC-4, marc wrote:

I have a Nissan Car radio with shortwave, and its sensitivity suddenly

dropped on AM & SW. FM still ok.

What to do?

Front end blown. Common problem. Parts may be unobtainium.

If it's blown, then it isn't likely to be something exotic (or at least,

something that can't be replaced with something available).

The problem is likely getting at it, not just having to get the radio out

of the car, but then into the radio. If it's surface mount, it will be

even more work to change the device.

Michael

Working on car radios is not much harder than the rest of contemporary gadgets . If it has an RF amp solid state part I would change it .