Old March 27th 14, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus[_2_] D. Peter Maus[_2_] is offline

Default MP3 recorder

On 3/26/14 18:56 , VegasNightOwl wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry for not replying to the posts in a faster fashion, but have been
caught up with other things. I have read them all and appreciate the
inputs.

I've used Audacity, without the Lame MP3 DLL, and was actually tyring to see
if there were any other programs available with MP3 enabled. I would like
to find a "software" type, like Audacity, and not a MP3 recorder. I like
the idea of a hand held unit, however, the ones I've looked at have only a
microphone, I'd like to find one with an input jack so I don't have to worry
about cleaner recordings and unexpected background noise, etc.

VegasNightOwl

The current version of Audacity includes the LAME encoder. It does not
have to be installed separately. It also includes an array of plug-ns
for processing and equalization, also not requiring a separate install.

There are cost effective programs for recording, which are also
scalable, as is Audacity, for multitrack recording. A very good one for
Mac is Amadeus Pro. Highly intuitive interface, and easier to work with
than Audacity.

I have used/continue to use both, with excellent results.