Old March 27th 14, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
VegasNightOwl VegasNightOwl is offline

Default MP3 recorder

It appears to be a more deeply developed piece of software than Audacity and
that could be the reason for a heavily taxed CPU while in use. It does look
interesting and will check it out. It's funny how it will go from MP3 to
WAV an not vice versa. Again, copyrights, etc.

VegasNightOwl

On 2014-03-27 19:45, D. Peter Maus wrote:
The current version of Audacity includes the LAME encoder. It does not
have to be installed separately. It also includes an array of plug-ns
for processing and equalization, also not requiring a separate install.

There are cost effective programs for recording, which are also
scalable, as is Audacity, for multitrack recording. A very good one for
Mac is Amadeus Pro. Highly intuitive interface, and easier to work with
than Audacity.

When I was still using Windoze I tried Wavosaur (freeware) briefly. The
CPU load was heavier than Audacity but it seemed to work.

http://www.wavosaur.com/