Old April 2nd 14, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
VegasNightOwl VegasNightOwl is offline

Default MP3 Recorder (UPDATE)

Overspent? I don't think so. I had this item lying around and totally
forgot about it. I found it in a clearance aisle at a Wal-Mart for a grand
total of $4. I still had the receipt in the bag.

VegasNightOwl

"Michael Black" wrote in message
news:alpine.LNX.2.02.1404021433310.30098@darkstar. example.org...
On Wed, 2 Apr 2014, VegasNightOwl wrote:

Hi again all!

A couple of weeks ago I posted a message looking into recording MP3 from
the
radios and quite a few replies followed. Although I was looking for it
be "software based" that was too tough to find, especially since
copyright
and patent laws on MP3. It seemed I was still stuck in the same
situation
until I happened to recall a device that can be used to transfer audio
from
a cassette player, record player, etc. After looking through my digital
junkyard I found it. It's the ADS Tech Instant Music. Just feed the
audio
into the input and connect to the PC via a USB cable and used the
software
on the CD then you have instant radio recording in MP3. For those
interested in such a device, there are a few for sale on ebay, both new
and
used. What's also nice is you can record 2 radios using one channel for
each. Of course, this can also be done in WMA as well.

Likely the interface is doing nothing but convert the audio to digi8tal,
the software on the CD doing the actual work. So you may have overspent
on hardware that isn't needed since your computer likely has a soundcard
(or the equivalent) built in. YOu just paid to avoid having to make some
effort.

The magic interface is likely just a A/D that outputs via USB. And the
software won't run unless you have the needed Windows machine.

Michael