Old April 5th 14, 06:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] karabas2001@yahoo.com is offline

Default Replacement for Tecsun BCL3000

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 11:17:40 PM UTC-4, homepc wrote:
I have a Tecsun BCL 3000 that I use mainly for AM DX listening at the

kitchen table. For the past 6 months the tuner for AM and SW bands

occasionally goes berserk displaying numbers at random in the frequency

tuning window. After a bit of playing with the tuner, usually fast

tuning from one end of the dial to the other several times, resolves the

problem for a short while. This problem aside, it's been a great little

radio.

I am not experienced at fixing things like this so I won't even attempt

to open the case. I called a local radio shop and they advised that it

wouldn't be worth the repair cost.

So I'm looking for a fair replacement. The Source ( Canadian Radio

Shack ) has a Grundig GS450DL radio onsale for $79.99. I've read

reviews crucifying the model and others praising it's merits for a radio

in that price range. A similar model sold bearing the C Crain badge

also has both very bad and good reviews.

In view that I can get a 3 year warranty for $20 extra, would the

Grundig GS450Dl be a wise purchase, so should I be looking at other

models? Any suggestions?

Take a look at Universal Radio website. They have better receivers, new and used.