Old December 9th 04, 12:43 PM
David Snyder Hale

I'd had problems w'em all, so for me it's a real crap shoot. Lately,
however, FedEx seems the best, as long as I don't use "home delivery".
I had a package that, for several days, the tracking indicated
"attempted delivery". I had been home (work from home) and I KNEW that
no one had attempted delivery. Plus, they had left no notes. Of
course, FedEx people didn't believe me, they believed their computer.
Finally, when they were going to send it back to the shipper for
"exceeding delivery attempts" I insisted I talk to the driver that was
attempting the deliveries. They said that wasn't possible, that he
didn't carry a phone and he'd try one extra time. He called later on
his phone, asked if I could meet him somewhere. By this point I was
willing to do most anything. When I met him he told me that his
section was having trouble making all of their deliveries so his boss
was telling the drivers to mark bunches of their packages as "attempted
delivery" at the start of each morning.

I had a USPS package, arrived with big "FRAGILE" stamps all over it,
and a large, perfect boot impression in the middle of the crushed-in
side. I kept the box, it was so funny.

UPS mis-routes about 2/3 of the packages to my address.

--
Dave * N3WTK (DM04xf) * http://isi.mtwilson.edu * VE