Old April 25th 14, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wassim Wassim is offline

Default 3 questions about antennas that I can't find answers to

Hello All,

I have these questions that I hope you can help me with:

1) We are told that vertical antennas over salt water are highly effective. Why? What would an ideal antenna to take advantage of this look like?

2) We are told that a yagi should be mounted as high up as possible. Is this really true? Why? What are the physical/electrical facts behind this phenomenon?

3) When a yagi is mounted high above ground, it still performs better if the ground is pretty conductive. Why?

Thanks for helping me out.

73

Wassim
WN6WJN