Old December 11th 04, 08:32 AM
Ian White, G3SEK

David Snyder Hale wrote:
Are there tables and/or equations for designing toroids? For example,
I have some ferrite cores here, and I want to know how many turns on
what kind of core to get the inductance I need. (Calculating Q would
be nice, too.)

There's a very nice little program at:
http://www.dl5swb.de/html/mini_ring_core_calculator.htm

It has probably the most complete built-in library of cores and
dimensions, and does just about everything.

It doesn't contain Q data, but these only exist for certain cores, and
no calculation is required anyway - just read the graphs, which are on
the web.

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek