Old December 11th 04, 09:06 PM
w9gb

"Joel" wrote in message
I have a Sirius sat radio and I like it a lot. The big problem I have it
use's a FM modulator to send it's output into my car radio. While that's
fine if the frequency is clear, as I travel I bump into FM stations on the
same frequency and it bleeds through. I know they sell switches to divert
the car radio's antenna to either the normal antenna or the Sirius radio.
The problem is I don't want to rip my dash to take out the radio to make
that connection and was thinking that a little more power out on the FM
side would help a lot. Does anyone have any ideas? A small amp for the FM
out comes to mind. Anyone have any experience with anything like this?

Joel AG4QC

If possible select an FM frequency between 88 and 92 MHz. This spectrum was
originally for LPFM, education stations. Most new stations are less than 1
kW, many in the 100 watt class. Easy to find a spare channel in many areas.

gb