Old May 5th 14, 01:05 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
The TS-450S on our yacht ADAGIO has been idle since our last ocean passages in 2012.

Preparing for a passage to New Caledonia end of this week I found that the Kenwood seems to work fine in all respects, BUT we have no audio out either the builtin speaker or the headphone jack. My guess is the cause is likely to be a control accidentally bumped while cleaning, varnishing. Darned if I can find it.

We are using primarily for Pactor 3 digital modes via Sailmail. Jim Corenman's Airmail software controls the TS-450S, setting frequencies to match the receiving Sailmail station. All that works, and Airmail is happy to try to connect. But I aborted connection attempt immediately as I can't tell if I am stepping on other communication.

I don't find the user manual at all helpful to answer my basic question: what are the necessary conditions for audio?

Any suggestions mucho appreciated!
http://qrzcq.com/pub/RADIO_MANUALS/K...ser-Manual.pdf
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...