Old December 22nd 03, 09:56 PM
sideband

Why not use Romex, connect all three conductors together at the
feedpoint, and cut each conductor for whatever resonant frequency on
each band.. I've done this, and with a little matching it worked out
nicely.

73 de AI8W, Chris

Tarmo Tammaru wrote:

"larry d clark" wrote in message
. com...

hi

i've got a question about how wires to use when making
a fat conductor hf dipole(cage antenna)using wire equally
spaced around a circular form. ie target diameter is 8
inches, how many wires around the form, 4, 6, 8?

tnx

larry
kd5foy

Larry,

If all you are trying to do is to increase the bandwidth, there are better
ways. For instance, have two dipoles, connected together at the feedpoint,
but with the ends separated either vertically or horizontally. Cut the two
dipoles for slightly different frequencies. I ran EZNEC on such an antenna
for 75/80, and easily got an SWR of less than 2:1 from 3.5 -4.0. You could
mount the support antenna as a dipole, and the other as an inverted V.

Tam/WB2TT