Old May 8th 14, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default crimp terminals for the aluminum rg-6 type coax

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
Ralph Mowery wrote:
Has anyone tried using some of the ring type terminals like you crimp on
stranded wire to make connections to the cable TV type of rg-6 coax ?

The standard is compression connectors. These are used by almost everyone
and can be bought almost everywhere, although out of the US, it may be
cheaper to buy them from eBay vendors.

I know about the standard type of compression connectors.

What I am wanting to do is connect the coax to some # 14 wire such as might
be found at the center of a dipole.

Sofar I have not seen any rg-6 coax PL259 compression connectors. I have
some for rg6 to BNC. I also have some for most other sizes of coax.