Old May 8th 14, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default crimp terminals for the aluminum rg-6 type coax

"Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message

Ring terminals are good when you don't have a female "F" connector but
terminals (or bolts) instead. But if they are exposed to the weather,
they should be soldered instead of crimped.

We go through a lot of "F" connectors. But we've never found a great
solution for male "F" connectors connected to female "F" connectors and
exposed to the elements. They start to fail after about 5 years or do.

Crimped "F" connectors in protected environments last for decades, though.
Never had a good crimp fail in over 10 years of installations.

The problem is I can not solder the aluminum braid of the RG-6 type of coax.
I need to connect some rg-6 aluminum braid coax to some # 14 wire.
That is why I asked if if the crimp ring terminals will hold up outside.
That is the only thing I can come up with to get from rg-6 to # 14 copper
wire that I have around the house.