Old May 8th 14, 09:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default crimp terminals for the aluminum rg-6 type coax

Ralph Mowery wrote:

The problem is I can not solder the aluminum braid of the RG-6 type of coax.
I need to connect some rg-6 aluminum braid coax to some # 14 wire.
That is why I asked if if the crimp ring terminals will hold up outside.
That is the only thing I can come up with to get from rg-6 to # 14 copper
wire that I have around the house.

I think you are going about it the wrong way. Would a grounding block
do the job?

Geoff