Old May 8th 14, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default crimp terminals for the aluminum rg-6 type coax

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
Ralph Mowery wrote:

The problem is I can not solder the aluminum braid of the RG-6 type of
coax.
I need to connect some rg-6 aluminum braid coax to some # 14 wire.
That is why I asked if if the crimp ring terminals will hold up outside.
That is the only thing I can come up with to get from rg-6 to # 14 copper
wire that I have around the house.

I think you are going about it the wrong way. Would a grounding block
do the job?

Geoff

Geoff I think you have given me an idea. I have some F type barrels around
and if I drill out the center, I can put an F connector on the coax and push
the center of the coax through the barrlel and then use a ring terminal
under a nut on that barrel connector.
The I can solder to the ring terminal and also the the center conductor of
the rg-6.
The way I plan on mounting the coax and connection the the wire will not be
under any stress so it will not need to be very strong mechanically.