Old May 17th 14, 02:57 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale H. Cook[_2_] View Post
I have been reorganizing my home shop, and you can see the results
he

http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/r...s/compact.html

It is overkill for antique radio work, but much of the instrumentation
is used for repairing other instruments (including some of the ones
seen in the photos), and I sometimes have to bring home equipment from
radio stations where I am contract engineer if I lack the means to
make repairs at the client's location.

Dale H. Cook, GR / HP Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/
Thank You for sharing your photo's with us.

Unfortunately this type of technology is probably going to die with you, since the younger generation has not learned how to do this type of work and has no desire to restore vintage radios and equipment.

The most intriguing thing to me is how you keep all this equipment operational and calibrated.

EICO was a great company, we still use some of that equipment at my house, but being in kit form, it was reliant upon the skill-set of the builder.

Some of that stuff I have not seen in many years....
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...