Old May 25th 14, 09:09 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
kraftéé kraftéé is offline

Default VFO

"gareth" wrote in message
"Rambo" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 May 2014 11:40:30 +0100, "gareth"
wrote:

I wonder what others are building into their projects for a VFO
these days?

The PA0KLT from www.sdr-kits.net looks intriguing, and might
settle all arguments in favour of Vackar-Seiler or Franklin for some
years to come?

As does the Minisynth from cumbriadesigns.co.uk

Also, sdr-kits has a 40m SSB transceiver kit for under £150, so there is
no need whatsoever for the tyro to rush and pay out his shekels
for a YaeTriIcom CB (Cheque Book) rig at £800+ (although many will in a
desperate
effort to prove that they are real radio amateurs without realising that
they are proving themselves to be the exact opposite)

Amazing Gareth..you dangle the hook and all the stupid minnows go into
a feeding frenzy.

No bait at all; what I'm trying to do is to encourage the technical
tradition;
a tradition that seems to be lost on recent licensees to the extent that
one questions
whether they are real radio amateurs.

But you don't finish anything, even if you do indeed blow the dust of that
top shelf. You go and buy some parts at a local rally, then feel as if you
are raping the wife of the person who had the kit before you. Never finish
but lots of excuses all the way.