Old May 26th 14, 05:54 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Winding coils?

A. non Eyemouse wrote:

The design for the first ATU I was supplied with was described as "wind
60 turns on a bog roll holder". Once I started to use them for Txing I
moved to ceramic formers.

In America we called them toilet paper rolls or toilet paper cores. I
still look longingly at them when I throw them out.

I did however wind a few coils yesterday for an active antenna. They were
would from hookup wire I had around, and Soviet made 10 inch ferrite rods.

I measured the inductance with this little Chinese made component meter,
identifier and ESR meter that I got for $20 off of eBay. No box, connectors
hard to use, but it works.

Geoff.