Old December 23rd 03, 05:14 AM
Crazy George

Wes:

You are technically correct about the cement/concrete names, but I believe
you will find the previously incorrect "cement" usage for concrete is now
accepted because it has become the norm. Like the long term result of the
incorrect use of "dumb". It is rarely used correctly these days.

And, placing is certainly correct for flatwork, but I've never heard of a
"continuous place" for large continuous pours like major buildings and other
structures. How many times did I hear that during the post-mortems of the
WTC construction, for example?

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address
"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:37:36 -0600, "Crazy George"
wrote:

|Clint:
|
|When you pour the cement and put the crown on the top, make it at least
|3/4"-1" higher in the center as it will probably drop some in the center

as
|it cures. This is why so much "professional" cement flat work holds

water
|in the middle. No one teaches the proper method of cement installation

any
|longer.

Sorry George, I can't help myself.g

"Cement" is the stuff that holds the aggregate in "concrete" together
and concrete is "placed," not "poured".