Old June 12th 14, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rob[_8_] Rob[_8_] is offline

Default 50 and 70 ohm swr meters

Jeff wrote:
From the Bird 43 manual:

"There may be cases where it is necessary to use the Bird 43 with a
non-50 ohm
transmission line. If the reflected power is less than 10% and the
frequency is
below 200 MHz, the resulting mismatch will not be too serious. At higher
test
frequencies and/or higher reflected power levels, the load impedance will
change when the wattmeter is removed from the circuit.

Ah I did not even read that manual, but my guess from the width of the
Bird 43 and the relative wavelength was completely correct :-)