Old June 27th 14, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default Weasel bought a D Day Flag.

On 14-06-19 12:05 PM, wrote:

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:54:54 PM UTC-4, DhiaDuit wrote:
I got back home from the Walmart food store about an hour ago.
While I was at Walmart I put $60.00 worth of Murphy USA gas in my
van, $3.45.9 per gallon, about two gallons of that gas I put in my
2 1/2 gallon red plastic gas container for lawn mower gas. Total
mileage I drove today was exactly three miles, according to the
odometer in my van.
www.jacksongasprices.com
How much do you pay for gas?

Almost a dollar more per gallon . And all due to that nearly
forgotten war over Kuwait ... what a mess . That was a big (actually
H-U-G-E) mistake in Foreign Policy.

Not a mistake at all. It went off exactly as planned. US ambassador
April Glaspie was consulted by the Iraqi leadership concerning oil theft
by Kuwait using cross drilling in the border areas.

Glaspie checked with Washington and they told her that local conflicts
were not their concern and that if Hussein wanted to use force to make
Kuwait respect territorial rights then they would not object.

Glaspie passed on Washington's reply. Hussein had asked for permission
to invade and it had been granted by the US.

As soon as he invades, the US does a completely dishonourable about face
and starts yelling that Hussein is a barbarous monster. Phoney nurses
appear out of the woodwork to cry on television over all the babies the
invading Iraqis had ripped out of incubators and kicked around the
nursery floor. It was all Bull****.

There were also videos and photos of American Marines torching oil
installations long after the Iraqis had withdrawn.

mike

--
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my
reasons for them!