Old June 29th 14, 09:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Longwire magnetic UnUn: Turns on T68-2

In message , Geoffrey S.
Mendelson writes
Ian Jackson wrote:

I can't totally disagree with you, but you seem to have totally failed
to answer the OP's question, which was "Do I keep the same number of
turns for each winding (9) if I use a T68-2 toroid?" I think that the
answer could be a "maybe".

While I had written:

In reality, there is not much that a few turns or an impedance mismatch
will do, so wind it the same way you would on the other toroid.

So we had both burried the same answer in a lot of other text. :-)

But in the end, I decided that the answer was a probable 'yes'.

As to the efficacy of 9:1 un-uns, the augment in their favour is that
over the HF spectrum, they give a better match to a typical long wire
over more of range. However, there are relatively narrow parts where the
match is made worse.
--
Ian