Old December 23rd 03, 02:00 PM
Crazy George

Caution:

When rotating a Yagi to vertical polarization, the mast and feedline must be
clear of all the antenna elements, and preferably any conductor in the plane
of the elements is located outside the near field. Otherwise there is no
pattern and forward gain and F/B both suffer, sometimes very badly. This
then leads to some arrangement of 2 antennas on a cross boom which pivots in
the middle. This has been described from time to time in all the ham
magazines and other postings, but I don't have a specific URL. I have done
it with my own design several times until I got enough towers to have both
at the same time.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address
"Richard" wrote in message
Hi. Has anyone designed a way to mechanically rotate their VHF/UHF yagi so
that it can be either horizontally or vertically polarized? If so, can

you
please direct me to a website or whatever. Preference right now for a
manual system, but would also take a look at motorised systems.

TIA.

Rich.

(Followup set to rec.radio.amateur.antenna, so all replies will go to this
group).