Old July 4th 14, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Eric Weaver Eric Weaver is offline

Default MC145151 PLL... anybody made anything with it?

On 7/4/14 2:22 PM, Michael Black wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jul 2014, Rob wrote:

Eric Weaver wrote:

Wondering if there are any plans or commercial kits available (aside
from the part-15 3-meter broadcast stuff) with the MC145151 PLL. Also
what VCO people use with it. Seems it would be handy for tunable
beacons on 2M or such.

Is this one of those articles reposted from the "usenet 30 years ago"
system?

No, but it is like a flashback.

Sorry, my route to !ucbvax has been down a while...

One thing about doing google searches, they find out-of-date results
very well.

I think I made a synthesizer using that chip, but that is long ago
and I don't think I would use that today.

I was going to say, it's well in the past.[[good bits elided]]

SOmetimes the longer route along is actually faster than the short route.

Fair enough.
I like the 145151 because of the dipswitch programming, and not a whole
lot else.
(and I *can* get some pin-DIP 145151's locally, actually, though I'm not
afraid of nailing down an SOT28)

So pardon my ignorance, what's the hip PLL or at least
counter/phase-detector these days?