Old July 19th 14, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default The next crap; many sunspots and no conditions !

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 15:20:50 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 7/19/2014 1:43 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 11:30:22 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/sunspots/Sunspots-2000-2014.jpg
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/sunspots/Sunspots-2000-2014.xls

No brain today. The graph is the DAILY sunspot count, not monthly.
Sorry(tm).

Picture from 7-18,
http://www.latimes.com/science/scien...718-story.html

Well, we have the Maunder Minimum which lasted about 70 years, the
Dalton Minimum which lasted 40 years, and a few others that lasted
maybe 5 years. All corresponded to global cooling and miniature ice
ages. That begs the question whether a one day drop in the sunspot
count is worthy of a unique name. Certainly some governing body could
award the naming of a sunspot minimum to the first observer who
notices the lack of sunspots. I would volunteer to be the first to
have a one day sunspot minimum named after me, but since I wasn't the
first to notice, the prize should go to someone else.

More to the point of this group, the 2.8GHz (10.7cm) solar flux
follows the sunspot cycle. For propagation, I guess that's more
interesting than counting suspots.
http://www.spaceweather.gc.ca/solarflux/sx-eng.php

Last 7 days data:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/lists/radio/7day_rad.txt
Looks like 2.8GHz radio flux dropped as fast as the sunspot count.
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/indices/quar_DSD.txt

Solar update from the ARRL.
http://www.arrl.org/news/the-k7ra-solar-update-331
Lot of good links and reading included.