Old December 23rd 03, 04:35 PM
Maarten Hagg

The way Tom tells us is a good way to tell it.

And for those who wonder are there any on the market?
There will be one soon .

See URL : http://home.hetnet.nl/~maartenmiriam/index.html
For a full colour brochure, drop me an email.

Maarten

"Tom Bruhns" wrote in message
m...
If you ask "why" deeply enough, we'll get to a point where we have to
say, "Because that's just the way it is." But a bit more explanation
to what Reg wrote... If the loop is balanced and oriented properly,
the voltages induced by the electric field will be equal amplitude and
the same polarity, or very nearly so, and cancel out at the feedpoint,
but the EMF induced in the loop by the magnetic component of the
electromagnetic field will be there in full force. Look up "Faraday's
Law of Magnetic Induction." One advantage of a small loop at low
frequencies is that local "noise" sources are commonly predominantly
electric-field...they have not fully developed at that distance into
electromagnetic fields, and boundary conditions constrain them to be
predominantly vertical near the ground, so if the loop is properly
balanced and oriented in that field, it can reject much of the local
"electrical" noise. There are also possibilities for using the
directional "nulls" of the loop to find the direction of an incoming
signal, if the loop is small, and there are advantages there, too, in
having it respond to the magnetic component only. You can find more
complete explanations in antenna books...for instance, King, Mimno and
Wing, "Transmission Lines, Antennas and Waveguides."

Cheers,
Tom

(dclapp) wrote in message

. com...
I've read that loop receiving antennas capture more of the magnetic
field -- and less of the electrical field (true?) -- than other forms
of antennas. Why is that?? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment!