Old July 23rd 14, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_4_] Bill Horne[_4_] is offline

Default 50%

On 7/20/2014 1:30 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 12:13:18 EDT, Foxs
wrote:
What caused them to lose interest?

Beginners were a different problem. They would usually join at age 14
or so, and become very active, enthusiastic, and interested in radio.
I mentored several of these new hams. Eventually, they discovered
girls, sports, cars, or something else, and were gone as fast as they
had arrived. The limiting factor seemed to be how well ham radio
might compete against girls, sports, and cars. I don't have a
solution for that problem.

Once young men get a whiff of perfume and gasoline, they're gone.

73,

Bill, W1AC

--
Bill Horne
(Remove QRM from my address to write to me directly)