Old July 24th 14, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Voice Of America

On 07/23/2014 08:09 AM, wrote:

--

Channel Jumper

Several very powerful sites were shut down and dismantled several
years ago. It will take lots of time and money to replace them.

Or a fat pipe to an internet hub. LMAO! I have been listening to
streaming radio since dialup days. 20 years nearly. Now I have a free
smart phone and a $40 data plan. I can listen to any important station
in the world as I motor about. Radio this way is still entertaining.

I still have the Lowe HF-150 and a 100m full wave loop, but I use it
mainly for MWDX. My hobby radio is all digital on HF. I make tones and
squeals and whistles and see how far they go on how little power. This
is lots of fun and doesn't raise the electric bill so much. I have
VHF/UHF mobile, but the hams around here are weird.

I have a half dozen portables. I use those to listen to my Whole House
Gold, which transmits internet streams on 107.9. Grace streamer into a
$40 Behringer DSP limiter (works very nicely BTW) into the whole house
Gold. No mixer on input, just the "limiter".

HFBC was quite an era and I'm honored to have been a infinitesimal part
of it. Now the radiosport is doing more with less. SWLs are welcome to
download fldigi and QSL digital hams. They'd love it. pskreporter.info