Old July 24th 14, 07:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default Project Shun: An intro for rec.radio.* users

On 7/24/2014 12:40 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:44:15 -0400
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

On 7/24/2014 10:40 AM, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:23:23 -0400
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

The thing I regret is that OFCOM doesn't have a character
requirement.

I think any such requirement would be struck down under UK and/or
European law. I am surprised that it still stands in the US,
perhaps it only applies to observed character traits related to use
of radio?

Nope, it can apply to non-radio related convictions, also.

A radio license is a privilege, not a right.

Does the US apply that requirement to a driving licence?

Nowhere I know of. But drivers licenses are issued by the individual
states; radio licenses by the feds. So the comparison is moot.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address