Old July 25th 14, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.design
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default Toob Amplified PC Speakers

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 08:16:30 +1000, Barry OGrady
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 12:58:56 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

It's winter, and the amplifier in my PC speakers just died.

I think it'd be kinda cool to have a toob speaker amp, but I'm too lazy
(and time-challenged) to build one up from scratch.

Well, since nobody else is going to answer your question about
hollow-state amplifier, I'll take a stab.

Here's a good starting place

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/tubes.htm

And another

http://www.dynakitparts.com/

Even Amazon is getting into the act.

http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Integra...m/B005XE3I3E/2

Additionally, there is a Yahoo mailing list called "funwithtubes".
Very nice list. Lots of old timers with first hand experience. And
the files section is full of plans and schematics.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.fluxeon.com