Old August 9th 14, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default USA HR-4969

Sorry if this has bee discussed before, but I just found out about this.

I live in a community that has CC&R's (deed restrictions) that prevent
me from putting up any externally visible antennas. I'm not complaining,
well not too much, I knew about the restrictions before I purchased the
house, so what complaint could I have? So far I've managed by putting
up quick wire antennas at night, or hiding them in trees or the eves of
my house. But it is *really* hard to put up any kind of efficient
antenna for working HF on the longer bands.

HR-4969 is apparently a bill in congress which would extend the
"reasonable accommodation" standard which now applies to Federal,
State and local government regulations so that it covers private
land contracts as well. Way back in the 70's, the FCC declined to
preempt such private land contracts (deed restrictions) for Ham radio,
even though it felt it necessary to do the very same thing for
over the air TV and Digital internet and phone services.

I know that this kind of bill has been introduced before in previous
sessions of congress only to die in committee. Could this time be
different? You never really know. Perhaps this time it will work?
But it will ONLY work if we can get enough support generated for it by contacting our representatives in support of it. Time is short, so
please try!

http://www.arrl.org/hr-4969

KC4UIA - aka Bob.