Old August 10th 14, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Foxs Mercantile Foxs Mercantile is offline

Default USA HR-4969

On 8/10/2014 9:40 AM, Steve Bonine wrote:
So of course the home owners are going to be eager to protect the value
of the largest investment that they'll likely make in their lifetime. It
is, after all, no skin off their elbow to prohibit these eyesores;
they're not affected other than in a good way.

Now I'm not saying that I endorse this discrimination against a
minority, but I'm not in the least puzzled at why "radio antennas are
being forbidden."

As I said previously. People move into areas protected by HOAs
and CC&Rs because they don't want to live next to the "wrong"
kind of people. Unfortunately, Amateur radio operators are also
the "wrong" kind of people that the others in the neighborhoods
are trying to avoid.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi