Old August 22nd 14, 11:28 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Then and now

Brian Reay wrote in news:1732547063430430770.633650no.sp-
:

They were all ones I had restored, rather than simply
bought working. It is surprise that, even for quite old movements, you can
still locate new, old stock, parts.

There was a time, very brief, when I was fifteen or so, and had been given a
few old watches and clocks after I'd shown an ability to get small mechanisms
moving after years of reluctance, but I never took it far, I usually ended up
just taking them apart and admiring the extreme balance and precision of the
tiny cogs and escapements, and also the precision and brilliance of the ruby
bearings. If I'd know that parts could be had to replace and fix them I might
have got deeper in and my technical history might have been very different
from what it is.