Old December 24th 03, 07:34 AM
Bob

Hi Richard

My 5 element 2m yagi is setup that way but I'll admit I didnt do it in a
pretty manner.

The attachment on the rear of the antenna has 2 U bolts for the mast and two
plates shaped to fit the boom over about a 6 inch length. I simply put some
washers (spacers) between the two plates so the boom would interference
fit.

I then pulled the boom back a little so maybe 2" was showing behind the
clamp, drilled a hole in it and bolted a flat piece of gal steel strip
about 2 ft long either side on it. The ends of the gal flat were also
bolted together.

I then attached a piece of rope to each end of the gal strips and greased up
the inside of the clamp plates.

Real horrible but it works!

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

Hi. Has anyone designed a way to mechanically rotate their VHF/UHF yagi so
that it can be either horizontally or vertically polarized? If so, can
you
please direct me to a website or whatever. Preference right now for a
manual system, but would also take a look at motorised systems.

TIA.

Rich.

(Followup set to rec.radio.amateur.antenna, so all replies will go to this
group).

--

(The reply address is broken. Put bcnoop in front of the at!)