Old August 25th 14, 04:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
DrTeeth DrTeeth is offline

Default Are all PL-259s equal

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 17:25:15 EDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
Jeff Liebermann disturbed my reverie and wrote:

Ummm... a Flexradio 6300 retails for $2500 and you're trying to be
cheap on coax connectors?

No I was not. I was just asking if it is worth spending more. I am
very happy to pay for quality but not prepared to throw my money away.
Got some very nice RG213 coax too - even though the run will be less
than 10 meters.

Just because something is more expensive does not necessarily mean
that it is better. Many things do not sell if priced cheap and fly off
the shelf when over-priced.

I do not mind paying for quality at all. In fact, I have bought some
very expensive high-quality compression PL259s that cost approx $9
each.
--
73's de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT