Old July 26th 03, 03:28 AM
Radio Amateur KC2HMZ

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:19:28 -0700, Keith
wrote:

You are not on track and are unable to follow a discussion.

You are apparently unable to read and understand the applicable
regulations, at both the US and international level, even though I and
others in this NG have gone out of our way to post the material in
this newsgroup (thus saving you the trouble of finding it yourself on
the Internet) AND explaining it to you (thus saving you the trouble of
turning off your CB set long enough to figure it out).

I am talking about a technician class licensee having tech class HF
privileges without the code test.

For the hundredth time: they don't.

I'm not talking about making them to general.

Perhaps the confusion is because you insist on referring to picking up
your microphone and talking on the HF Tech bands (plural) when there
is only on HF Tech band (singular) in which Techs are allowed to
operate phone (that being a part of ten meters). You don't get to
bands (plural) until you have a General or above.

Don't worry this is going to be reviewed legally very soon.

To paraphrase your own comment in another post: SNARF! HA, HA!

It will be reviewed *administratively* - there is a big difference.
Congress empowered FCC to formulate and enforce regulations governing
the use of the radio frequency spectrum. The courts have repeatedly
ruled that FCC's authority is constitutional. The decision of whether
or not to drop the code test will be purely an administrative decision
on the part of the Federal Communications Commission.

DE John, KC2HMZ