Old September 8th 14, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bill M[_5_] Bill M[_5_] is offline

Default Anyone modified a Tecsun PL-390?

Lostgallifreyan wrote:
Bill M wrote in :

There's an Ultralite group on Yahoo. They do a lot with cobbling in
loops, etc to such radios. I haven't checked-in in a long time since
back when I had a PL-380. They have tallied up some good results as a
group are knowledgeable about the tuning system in that series or radios.

I think they might be the source of what I found. I used to have access to
Yahoo until BT changed the login for emails to their own hosts. Right now I
doubt I have access, and Yahoo insist on policing me to use the latest
browser to access their walled garden (and by default and direct follow-on)
the latest Windows OS too, to support it! All this to access what is
basically a text discussion with a bit of picture hosting.

Now, if any of them read this and are willing to post on Usenet which is a
much better medium for the subject, I'm totally content.

The alternative is to do without as a result of my stand in not yielding to
the fabricated urge that drives so many people to accept systems aimed at
satisfying those who do not know anything about simple efficiency, at the
expense of all those who do. I could live with that, but I'd rather encourage
people to use Usenet. It's obituaries grow many and old, while it continues
to thrive.

Ohhh. That's quite a conundrum my friend.
An alternative might be to contact Jim Kearman, KR1S, over on the Radio
Board Forum. He's a ringmaster with the Ultralights and I'm sure would
be happy to share his insights.

http://theradioboard.com/rb/index.php

I'll save my comments on the demise of Usenet.

-Bill