Old September 12th 14, 06:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Metal kite reel for portable longwire...

wrote in news:b9abc58c-547e-47ea-b126-
:

Stick it in one of
my stands which lets it rotate,

That will be my big incentive right there. Rotating an antenna to select
better signal strength ratios, and to get a sense of where it comes from, was
the first thing I missed with the longwire, despite the obvious improvements.
I'll still be messing with extending a wire in other directions first though,
before trying to build a magnetic loop. I'll also want to explore the
bevarage matching transformer I bought a few years ago and never before had
the space to explore it properly.