Old September 13th 14, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Serial controlled Si4734 receiver?

Michael Black wrote in
news:alpine.LNX.2.02.1407261848390.22322@darkstar. example.org:

Of course, they can't handle CW or SSB.

I found a circuit online that puts a local IF oscillation inductively into a
radio to allow some sort of USB mode tuning. I might try makign one to feed
into the ring connector of the PL-390 I modifed with a 100-turn coil. It does
wonders with a longwire, and hopefully a magnetic loop soon as well. If
feeding it with this IF frquency method will allow SSB that small
modification would be an extremely good thing to do with a PL-390 and likely
other radios that use this IC. On the other hand if the DSP means the same IF
frequency method of analog systems is not used at all, then I guess the AM to
SSB trick isn't going to work at all...