Old September 14th 14, 01:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DhiaDuit DhiaDuit is offline

Default 9/11

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 1:02:42 PM UTC-5, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Joe from Kokomo wrote:

On 9/12/2014 5:52 PM, DhiaDuit wrote:

Arthur Godfrey used to do his Tee Vee entertainment show wayyyy out

there on the end of that San Francisco Pier. Then he moved to Hawaii.

Hawaiian shirt and a Hawaiian flower thingy (///Luau, WOOF!///)

around his neck and that little Ukelele. Instead of saying Hello

Hello Hello, he would say, Hawaii Hawaii Hawaii. I used to watch him

on Tee Vee, wayyyyyyyy back then. He was in the U.S. Air Force too.

...and he was a ham radio operator, W4LIB.

Seems to me I recall hearing him when he was in Florida perhaps, though I

think his call might have been K4LIB.

Seems to me, trying to recall, perhaps it was also him who had two R-71

receivers, or R-70's, tuned to various maritime communications. Or maybe it

was another celebrity.

Maybe someone else remembers.

Another f... b........ jimstonefreelance.com