Old October 10th 14, 04:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default Radiation from antennae - a new philosophy

On 10/9/2014 11:00 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 10/9/2014 10:41 PM, rickman wrote:
On 10/9/2014 10:03 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 10/9/2014 9:56 PM, rickman wrote:
On 10/9/2014 9:15 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 10/9/2014 7:04 PM, rickman wrote:
On 10/9/2014 5:14 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 10/9/2014 1:04 PM, rickman wrote:

The only mass a photon has is that which is equivalent to its
energy, E
= mc^2.

I understand it has no rest math. But where does the mass come from?
There has to be mass to exert pressure. Does the mass just appear
from
nowhere? I doubt it...

When a proton is accelerated and the mass quadruples, where does that
extra mass come from?

It comes from the energy used in the acceleration of the proton, based
on Einstein's equations. Mass and energy are just different
manifestations of the same thing.

So why do you have trouble understanding where the relativistic mass of
a photon comes from? Is the exact same thing but without the rest mass.

But if it's moving at the speed of light, it can't have any mass.
Einstein did not differentiate between rest mass and relativistic mass.

Now you are smoking dope...

And now you are trolling. This discussion is over.

But I would recommend you learn more of what you're talking about. I
may not understand the math, but I do understand Einstein's thoughts on
the subject. I've studied it enough.

Then you are going to miss the surprise ending! I figured out what you
aren't understanding... at least one thing you aren't understanding.

--

Rick